HCP Privacy Notice
Information about the Collection and Processing of your Personal Information
At Ascendis, we are working to build a leading, fully-integrated biopharma company that provides meaningful improvement in patients’ lives. For more information about Ascendis, please visit our homepage.
Ascendis Pharma A/S (“Ascendis“) respects your right to privacy. This Privacy Notice explains who we are, how we collect, share and use personal information about you, and how you can exercise your privacy rights. If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information or would like to exercise any of your rights — including to object to the processing of your Personal Information in the way that we describe in this notice, please contact us. More information can be found at the end of this Privacy Notice.
The data controller of your personal information is Ascendis Pharma A/S, Tuborg Boulevard 12, 2900 Hellerup, Denmark, attn. DataPrivacy@ascendispharma.com.
What Personal Information does Ascendis collect and why?
We collect information about you from a variety of sources, including directly from you and from:
- Documents or forms that you provide to participate in Ascendis-sponsored or -supported initiatives, such as Ascendis-sponsored clinical research and development activities, or in other contexts;
- Publicly available sources;
- CVs and resumes and;
- Online and other databases and websites, which may be managed by third parties on our behalf.
We collect and use the following categories of Personal Information for the purpose described below:
- Personal details such as your name, age, gender and contact details;
- Professional details such as your place of practice, job title, the medical field in which you are active, your professional qualifications and scientific activities (such as previous clinical trial experience, and participation in past or pending research studies with Ascendis and other companies), publication of academic or scientific research and articles, and membership in associations and boards; and
- Details of interactions with us, such as what kind of meetings we have held, topics discussed, your knowledge of and questions you have had on our business and products, what kind of material we have displayed to you and any feedback that you have provided, as well as your opinions and routines on prescribing, routines regarding your patients and diagnosis, and similar information.
We process this information for the following purposes:
- Managing our relationship with you, including to plan potential collaboration, contact, visits and meetings;
- To help evaluate the information we provide to you and ensure that it is relevant given your expertise, interests and preferences; and
- To understand your scientific-therapeutic approach and satisfaction with Ascendis.
Who does Ascendis share my Personal Information with?
We disclose your Personal Information to the following categories of recipients:
- Our group companies, third party services providers and partners, who provide data processing services to us, or who otherwise process Personal Information for purposes that are described in this Privacy Notice or notified to you when we collect your Personal
Information. An overview of where we hold offices is available here https://ascendispharma.com/about-us/company-profile/
- Any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
- Potential buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with any proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business, provided that we inform the buyer it must use your Personal Information only for the purposes disclosed in this Privacy Notice;
- Any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
Legal basis for processing Personal Information
Our legal basis for collecting and using the Personal Information described above is our legitimate interest in maintaining a relationship with you. If you have any queries about this legal basis, please contact us by using the contact details provided at the bottom of this Privacy Notice.
How does Ascendis keep my Personal Information secure?
We use appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the Personal Information that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your Personal Information.
International data transfers
Your Personal Information is transferred to and processed in countries other than the country in which you are a resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country (and, in some cases, may not be as protective).
Specifically, the servers that we use to host your Personal Information are located in Denmark – and our group companies and third-party service providers and partners operate around the world. This means that when we collect your Personal Information we may process it in any of these countries.
However, we have taken appropriate safeguards to ensure that your Personal Information will remain protected in accordance with this Privacy Notice. These include implementing the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses for transfers of Personal Information between our group companies, which require all group companies to protect Personal Information they process from the
EEA in accordance with EU data protection law.
Our Standard Contractual Clauses can be provided on request. We have implemented similar appropriate safeguards with our third-party service providers and partners and further details can be provided upon request.
We retain Personal Information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax, accounting or reporting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your Personal Information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example because your Personal Information has been stored in back-up archives), we will securely store your Personal Information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Your data protection rights
You have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your Personal Information in accordance with applicable laws, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
- In addition, you can object to processing of your Personal Information, ask us to restrict processing of your Personal Information or request portability of your Personal Information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your Personal Information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. (Contact details for data protection authorities in the European Economic Area, Switzerland and certain non-European countries are available here – link.)
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Updates to this Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time in response to changing legal, technical or business developments. When we update our Privacy Notice, we will take appropriate measures to inform you, consistent with the significance of the changes we make.
How to contact us
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your Personal Information, please contact: DataPrivacy@ascendispharma.com. If you would like to file a request of access or direction of the Personal Information we hold about you, please find more information here – link.